Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Hello. I meant to write something in November during my weekends home from the rehabilitation centre I am in to help mke walk again. However weekends were very precious times, and I wanted to spend as much as I could with my family.

So now I am home. I am walking again, rather slowly but I hope it will get easier and faster.

My other obsession over the months has been writing. It has been non stop.

In 1998 I collected together all the poems I had written about the experience of being ill with a serious illness. It was in two parts. The first included all the poems from when the disease started in 1976 until 1998. I wrote part two as a reflection on the illness that I had thought had burned itself out. I printed these out as a Christmas booklet, dedicated to my consultant who was about to retire. The booklet was called Touching The Dark.

However since August I have been writing very intensely about the violent flare up of the disease which began in january 2004. It forms a third part and I hope to be printing a these poems in a small collection for this Christmas.

However I am still in the middle of writing poems and time is running out.

You can read a few of these poems on www.loffman.co.uk

Take care

David

No comments:

Post a Comment