Monday, April 25, 2022

Oumou Sangare

One problem about posting something to my blog - after a long break of not posting anything - to it, is suddenly finding a renewed interest in the blog and finding things to post. This current post is an example of this situation.
About two weeks ago I was talking to my mum about Oumou Sangare. I've been listening to her songs for a long time. Years ago I bought a CD from the World Music Network. It was called Desert Blues. It was a compilation CD introducing the music of West Africa to Europe and the West. It was a great CD. I played it a lot.
Eventually I realised there were two songs - artists that really appealed to me.  Their music touched me in ways I can't explain.
The first artist was Oumou Sangare. On the CD she sang Saa Magni. 








No comments:

Post a Comment