Thursday, October 05, 2023

The Case of the Mukkinese Battle Horn Peter Sellers 1956

I've been looking for this film for years. I first watched it in 1975. It was shown before the main feature of Monty Python and the Holy Grail. I went several times to see that film and got to know both films quite well.
Watching it again, right now, I realise what a bad film it is. A showcase for Peter Sellers and Spike Milligan who were in the middle of recording The Goon Show - aired on the BBC World Service and The Light Programme - between 1951 - 1960.
I also thought that the character CID's Ace Det Supt Quill played by Sellers might be a forerunner for Ch Insp Clouseau from the Pink Panther films that started in 1963 with the first film, The Pink Panther.



The Pink Panther theme music and title from the 1963 film





No comments:

Post a Comment