Saturday, June 16, 2018

Beyond the Border

It's been almost a week since we returned from the Beyond the Border festival in South Wales. And I've still not quite recovered.

It was a fantastic weekend.

We've been coming to the festival since Iona and Arran were 4 years old. They're now 23. Iona bought her boyfriend and some friends to help her celebrate her birthday. I think we celebrated it in style.

Below is a video giving a flavour of the festival. 


Two performances that will really stick with me were Hugh Lupton and Daniel Morden's Odyssey on Saturday evening. On Sunday was Beyond the Border's 25th birthday celebration. There was music, poetry and story. 
David Ambrose performed Dylan Thomas's, Poem in October to end the evening. Absolutely spellbinding.

I feel so much of my life is lived in straight lines. There isn't a straight line at Beyond the Border. It's good to remember that there are other ways to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment