Saturday, January 22, 2005

It is about time I updated my website don't you think. I'm in the process of re-writing some of the blurb and changing one of the pages. I also need to add some new poems as the poems have been up since the beginning of the site which may be 2001. Its been so long ago.

I'm not going to change things radically.

The booklet has still not seen the light of day. I've shown the layout to a couple of friends and they like the cover and the look of the pages. I may change the font. However one friend who has become a sort of editor over the years has been and still is rather unhappy with two of the poems. He says I should get rid of them completely. He said that they weakened the whole booklet. So now I'm wondering what to do with them. Shall I leave two pages blank? Shall I try and write something quickly to fill the space?

I do have ideas for poems but I have nothing written at all - no notes or any thing. So I do not feel very hopeful that I can get anything written in time. I have given myself a deadline for the end of January. And there is a lot to do before that. I'm back at college on the first of February and there is a lot of preparation for lessons. Also we are beginning to see people again after our Christmas hibernation.

The Troubadour season starts soon and I would like to go at some point soon.

I've been reading The Red Wheelbarrow by William Carlos Williams. The children know it off by heart. It is a beautiful poem. As a result I've been looking into the five simple machines. I've come to the conclusion that our whole civilization depends upon a red wheelbarrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment