Saturday, February 12, 2005

Life. I'm Still Not Ready For It Yet.

It is getting late. Things are beginning to change. The house is quiet. Katy and the children are all in bed and I'm up waiting for a programme on the TV. Yes I am beginning to watch TV again after my long fast. Just a little I think. Enough to connect me to "popular culture" but most of it.... I could write about that subject for a while but not tonight, not now.

I have eventually got the booklet to the printers. I could not email it as I thought, so I copied it to disc and took it round on Friday, then met the children and Katy at the school. The walk was about a mile and three quarters. I was pleased with how far I got. I have rediscovered walking. A great exercise a great place to think. But I was exhausted.

I will be going to The Troubadour on Monday 21. My first visit since December 03. Quite an occasion. I hope to read a love sonnet if I can find a suitable one. Katy is coming too and Hugh will be there. So it will be safe.

In the high street today. Bright sunlight, blinding, a bitter gust of wind, an ambulance with its siren blasting out, deafening, Katy trying to make an arrangement, Iona wanting something, my left leg suddenly in pain, I had to stop and lean against something. My glasses full of rainwater and steamed up. All at once. I felt I could not breath, felt I had no space to move, a moment of feeling trapped, a desperate need to escape. I just turned around and had to walk away til the moment passed.

But that is life. And I'm still not ready for it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment