Monday, August 09, 2021

Sermon - The Quest for Spirituality - Hope Amid the Broken Signposts. Christ Church New Malden Sunday 1 August 2021

 

 Christ Church New Malden

So I was asked to give a sermon titled The Quest for Spirituality. It was one of a series of sermons inspired by the book Broken Signposts by Tom Wright. The sermon series is called, Hope Amid the Broken Signposts. Click here see the other sermons in the series. And click here to listen to the whole sermon series.  Anyway, of course I said yes, I'd do it. Whenever I get asked to do anything at Christ Church New Malden - our church - my response is always to say yes.

Somtimes that's been okay. Sometimes that means a lot of trouble. Click here to read what I mean. But that's another story that won't get posted here.

But the sermon was a struggle. It was at times tortuous to prepare. So I've been a bit reluctant to post it.

However I'm reassured by the thought that no one reads this blog. I'm just fulfiling the commitment I've made to myself to post reguarly to the blog, but also to get the sermons out there. They take hours and hours to prepare.

We've been uploading our services to YouTube since we've been back at church after lockdown. 

Here's the whole service.

To help you navigate the service you'll find my introduction to the sermon at 14.32 and lasts 10 minutes . The sermon itself starts at 31.40 and lasts 17 minutes.

 

 

Not my best sermon. The Holy Spirit eventually took control.

No comments:

Post a Comment