Monday, August 09, 2021

The Oscar Peterson Trio - Ronnie Scott's 1974

I came across this piano solo by the Oscar Peterson Trio. Oscar Peterson is playing piano, Niels Pedersen is on bass and Barney Kessel plays guitar. It was recorded at Ronnie Scott's in 1974.  Apparently it's one of the greatest jazz piano solos of all time. 
 
In it Peterson plays a number of different jazz genres.

And just watch the expressions on Pedersen and Kessel's faces as they watch.
 
Enjoy
 

I still don't really know anything about jazz. But when I knew even less I did buy an album of the Oscar Peterson Trio. I remember the trio included Peterson on piano, Ray Brown on bass and perhaps Joe Paz on guitar. 
 
I probably bought the album some time between 1975 and 1979.
 
I loved it but still remained on the outside looking in.
 
I still am.

No comments:

Post a Comment