Thursday, February 20, 2020

20 albums in 20 days - The Boatman's Call Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds

I was nominated by a friend to post 20 album covers that have had an impact on my life to Facebook. They're to be posted over 20 days. No explanations are expected. Just the album covers. However, perhaps my blog might be the place to write a comment or two. Here's the second album cover.


Typical. I set myself a challenge and fail to meet it on day 2. 

I was flicking through a friend's CD collection years ago and came across this album. I didn't play it but the cover - photo, title and artist struck me. Years later I was in a car park listening to David Walliam's Desert Island Discs. Katy, Iona and Arran were in a pet shop buying a hamster. Into my Arms - the first track of the album - was his first choice. I was so completely blown away by the opening line. I knew I just had to buy it.
Who could resist the line, "I don't believe in an interventionist God." And then that haunting refrain, "Into my arms, Oh lord, Into my arms." Just incredible.

Click here for a youtube video of the track.

No comments:

Post a Comment