Saturday, February 22, 2020

20 albums in 20 days The Dark Side of the Moon Pink Floyd

I've been nominated by Stephen Winfield to post 20 album covers in 20 days to facebook of albums that have had an impact on me. No explanation or commentary is expected. However I thought this blog might be a suitable place to make a comment or two. 


I first heard this album in 1974. At least a year after its release. A friend and me went to a local record shop. It was called Discoveries in Wealstone High Street. The front of the shop on the pavement were rows of boxes selling second hand LP's. The front of the shop itself was a Green Grosers. My mother used to shop there every week for potatoes and onions and stuff.
In the back room was a record shop. I'd bought Aladdin Sane and Ziggy Stardust there. My friend told the guy behind the counter to play The Dark Side of the Moon. 
I remember hearing the heart beat, then the watch and clock ticking. I remember the voice. That was all I needed to hear. I bought it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment